During the past year, QR codes became a part of our daily lives as a handsfree way to share information, make payments and more.
Now it's time to think outside the "box". Check out these exciting ways brands are leveraging QR codes to engage consumers.
- Content: Microsites, e-books, instructions, locations, e-learning, schedules
- Entertainment: Music playlists, videos, trailers, games
- Prompts: Download an app, dial a phone number, send a text, signup for newsletter, rsvp
- Shopping: Coupons, promos, payments, menus, recipes
- Interactive: AR/VR experiences
QR codes are a fabulous way to drive engagement with your brand, especially in airports. Here's why:
- Dwell Time: Travelers arrive 1-2 hours prior to boarding.
- Accessibility: 91% of iOS users have access to a QR reader on their phones.
- Tech-Savvy Audience: Air travelers are 23% more likely to scan a QR code for a coupon.
- Environment & Inventory: Strategically placed inventory allows for easy scanning.
- Analytics: Ability to monitor engagement of your campaign through QR services.
Sources: Scarborough USA plus 2021, QR Code Usage Stats 2021, The State of QR in 2021